Tuesday, August 14, 2007

08.14 Napa, CA

So I have just ridden my last century...probably ever! woo-hoo! The ride in today was beautiful through orchards and vineyards, but difficult. It was flat for the first 75 miles...then 20 miles of major hills, although they weren't as bad as expected. After about 18 miles of the hills I was feeling pretty good and hoping to get one more difficult hill...and boy did I get what I wished for. The last hill kicked my butt and I had my official last hissy fit on the road. The descent was pretty scary - very curvy roads with speed limits of 20mph...I got a blister from braking so much. But we all made it in eventually and I got a Jamba Juice to congratulate myself. We are staying at a really nice church with amazing people. They took us to their homes for showers, made us delicious food, and we did a presentation as well as a presentation of a check to their Habitat chapter. It was a great host to end with (we're camping tomorrow night).

We stopped for lunch today in Davis, the town of UC Davis where Molly went to school so it was cool to see her old stomping grounds.

Last night we had a meeting to discuss where our funds will be distributed. We have about $60,000 to donate to Affordable Housing Hurricane Relief. We decided to divide that by 27 and each person gets to decide where his/her money goes (choice of 3 locations).

Okay I'm exhausted right now so I'm going to sign off. Last full day tomorrow to Point Reyes. I'll try to update pictures then. Goodnight :)

No comments: